Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Fisher POLY-CASTER™ 8' 2.5 cu yd
De-Icing Technology. Evolved.
Winter storms hit fast and hard. Fight back with the FISHER® POLY-CASTER™ hopper spreader, loaded with upgraded de-icing technology to get you in and out of the storm quickly. Enhanced controls, a convenient accessory hub and the FLEET FLEX interchangeable electrical system give you the tools you need to make the best use of your deicing materials. Conquer every storm with the easy-to-install POLY-CASTER hopper spreader.
- Cover: The overlapping poly hopper covers shield de-icing material from the elements. Its design seals out moisture, while molded grooves direct water away from the hopper, and its domed shape increases hopper capacity. In the open position, the covers act as spill guards and protect the truck from material overflow while loading.
- Dual Electric Motors: The two high-torque 12-volt electric motors provide quiet, reliable and independent control over the conveyor and spinner mechanisms. The spinner motor is sealed inside a weather-resistant housing, protecting it from corrosion.
- Controls: Enhanced dual variable-speed control allows you to precisely match material delivery and spread patterns to conditions. Four standard accessory buttons and a dedicated blast button provide optimum in-cab efficiency. Easy-to-understand, digital self-diagnostics alert the operator when the spreader is empty or when adjustments are needed, and LEDs make the control easy to read. Its compact size compared to traditional controls fits easily into today’s modern truck cab designs.
- Corrosion-Resistant Hopper: The proven double-walled hopper is built of durable poly for corrosion-free performance, whether using rock salt, calcium chloride, sand or any other type of de-icing material.
- Material Delivery: One of the widest in the industry, the 16½" pintle chain conveyor moves more material consistently and smoothly to help reduce bridging. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel guides provides extra protection and durability.
- Spinner: An extra large 15½" polyurethane spinner delivers a spread pattern of up to 40' and provides long-lasting, corrosion-free operation.
- Accessory Integration: Conveniently connect accessories directly into the hub mounted in the back of the hopper. Accessories automatically integrate with the hopper control without having to run additional wires from the front of the truck.
- Dump & Work Light Switches: Operators can safely offload material or fill walk-behind spreaders by using the rear mounted conveyor dump switches. A third switch is also provided so that an accessory work light my be conveniently controled from not only the cab but also the rear of the hopper.
- Chute Assembly: For precise material application, the adjustable-height chute assembly can be configured for either pickup truck or flat bed and dump body applications, ensuring you're always spreading at the optimum height. For convenient access to the hitch or material off load, the chute assembly can be removed - no tools required.
- Adjustable Feed Gate: An adjustable feed gate provides additional control of material flow, regardless of material type, reducing waste when traveling between sites.
- Inverted V / Vibrator: An inverted V is available as an accessory to help keep sufficient material weight off of the conveyor, ensuring smooth startup and flow of material. A vibrator kit is also available as an accessory to help reduce bridging and keep material moving smoothly to the conveyor.
- Top Screen: A steel top screen comes standard, which helps break up large chunks of de-icing material during the loading process to prevent clogging and bridging during spreader operation.
- Ratchet Straps: Ratchet straps are available as an accessory for additional spreader stability.
- Convenient Storage: The POLY-CASTER™ hopper spreader slides easily in and out of the vehicle. The entire unit stands on end to minimize the space needed for storage.
- Additional Standard Features: Molded handles and built-in tie-down loops are included for strapping the hopper to the truck. For additional safety, bolting bars are also provided to attach the hopper to the vehicle and a Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) is standard.
- FLEET FLEX: The POLY-CASTER™ hopper spreader is designed with FLEET FLEX technology for easy interchangeability between electric hopper spreaders without having to change the wiring or the controls. It provides easy operation, increased reliability, simple wiring and easy installation. Additionally, accessories automatically integrate into the control for easy plug 'n play.
- Body Side Length: 8 ft. (2.44 m)
- Capacity: 2.5 cu yd (1.91 cu m)
- Hopper Construction: Polyethylene
- Dimensions Overall (LxWxH): 117 in. x 63 in. x 51 in. (297 cm x 160 cm x 130 cm)
- Approx. Weight (empty): 734 lb. (332.94 kg)
- Motor: Dual Electric, 12V, Sealed
- Conveyor Width: 16 ½ in. (42 cm)
- Spinner Size: 15 ½ in. (40 cm)
- Spreading Width: Up to 40 ft. (Up to 12.19 m)
- Materials: Salt, Sand, Salt/Sand Mix
- Vehicle Application: Dump Body or Flatbed Trucks (over 15,000 lb. GVWR)
- 734 lb. (332.94 kg)
- Hopper Capacity
- 2.5 cu yd (1.91 cu m)