Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Fisher STEEL-CASTER™ 7' 1.5 cu yd
The Proof to Back It Up
Built with the experience of more than six decades of battling tough New England ice storms, the FISHER® STEEL-CASTER™ stainless steel hopper spreader is the ultimate tool in ice control. Low maintenance and rust resistant, this spreader is loaded with features to maximize control and minimize waste. Available in six sizes for pickup, dump body and flatbed trucks, the STEEL-CASTER hopper spreader is a de-icing machine engineered to own the ice.
- Dual Electric Motors: The two high-torque 12-volt electric motors provide quiet, reliable and independent control over the conveyor and spinner mechanisms. The spinner motor is sealed inside a weather-resistant housing, protecting it from corrosion, while the conveyor motor is completely sealed from the elements. (*Gas and hydraulic options also available)
- Power Options: In addition to the standard dual electric motors, the STEEL-CASTER™ stainless steel hopper spreader is available with the following gas and hydraulic power options: Two Gas Powered Options: 10½ HP I/C Briggs & Stratton® motor or the 11 HP I/C Honda® motor.; Hydraulic Powered Option: With the most available power in its class, the hydraulic powered motor option offers dual variable speed control and reliable operation.
- Controls: Dual Electric Motor Control: Enhanced dual variable-speed control allows you to precisely match material delivery and spread patterns to conditions. Four standard accessory buttons and a dedicated blast button provide optimum in-cab efficiency. Easy-to-understand, digital self-diagnostics alert the operator when the spreader is empty or when adjustments are needed, and LEDs make the control easy to read. Its compact size compared to traditional controls fits easily into today’s modern truck cab designs.
- Innovative Chute Design: The chute design delivers material to the precise points on the spinner that cast it out and away from the truck, instead of back onto your bumper, reducing material waste.
- Corrosion-Resistant Hopper: Constructed from maintenance-free, corrosion-resistant stainless steel, the hopper is reinforced with welded joints, which wrap around for long-life and protection against stress.
- Shutter Deflector: The easy-to-adjust circular shutter deflector allows directional spreading, providing optimal material control, while maintaining even coverage.
- Material Delivery: One of the widest in the industry, the 16½" pintle chain conveyor moves more material consistently and smoothly to help reduce bridging. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel guides provides extra protection and durability.
- Spinner: An extra large 15½" corrosion-resistant stainless steel spinner delivers a spread pattern of up to 40' and provides long-lasting operation.
- Accessory Integration: Conveniently connect accessories directly into the hub mounted in the back of the hopper. Accessories automatically integrate with the hopper control without having to run additional wires from the front of the truck. (*Feature available on dual electric motor models only.)
- Dump & Work Light Switches: Operators can safely offload material or fill walk-behind spreaders by using the rear mounted conveyor dump switches. A third switch is also provided so that an accessory work light my be conveniently controled from not only the cab but also the rear of the hopper. (*Feature available on dual electric motor models only.)
- Dual Swing Chute: The dual swing chute design opens from either side to provide easy access for maintenance or material unloading.
- Chute Assembly: For precise material application, the chute assembly can be configured for either pickup truck or flatbed and dump body applications, ensuring you're always spreading at the optimum height. An extended chute is standard on 9' and 10' models. An extension kit is available as an accessory only on 7' and 8' models. For convenient access to the hitch, the chute assembly can be removed.
- Adjustable Feed Gate: An adjustable feed gate provides additional control of material flow regardless of material type, reducing waste when traveling between sites.
- Inverted V / Vibrator: An inverted V comes standard and helps keep sufficient material weight off of the conveyor, ensuring smooth startup and flow of material. A vibrator kit is available as an accessory to help reduce bridging and keep material moving smoothly to the conveyor.
- Top Screen: A steel top screen comes standard, which helps break up large chunks of de-icing material during the loading process to prevent clogging and bridging during spreader operation.
- Ratchet Straps: Ratchet straps are provided standard for additional spreader stability. A chain tie-down kit is available as an accessory.
- Additional Standard Features: Tie-down points are included for strapping the hopper to the truck. For additional safety, bolting bars are also provided to attach the hopper to the vehicle and a Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) is standard.
- FLEET FLEX: The STEEL-CASTER™ hopper spreader is designed with FLEET FLEX technology for easy interchangeability between electric hopper spreaders without having to change the wiring or the controls. It provides easy operation, increased reliability, simple wiring and easy installation. Additonally, accessories automatically integrate into the control for easy plug 'n play. *Feature available on dual electric motor models only.
- Body Side Length: 7 ft. (2.13 m)
- Capacity: 1.5 cu yd (1.15 cu m)
- Hopper Construction: 16 ga SS (1.5 mm SS)
- Dimensions Overall (LxWxH): 84 in. x 50 in. x 38 in. (214 cm x 124 cm x 97 cm)
- Dual 12V DC Sealed Motors: 595 lb. (269.89 kg)
- Conveyor Width: 16 ½ in. (42 cm)
- Spinner Size: 15 ½ in. (40 cm)
- Spreading Width: Up to 40 ft. (Up to 12.19 m)
- Materials: Salt, Sand, Salt/Sand Mix
- Vehicle Application: 3/4- & 1-Ton Pickup Trucks
- Hopper Capacity
- 1.5 cu yd (1.15 cu m)